So I very sadly forgot to take a picture of my beautiful crustless quiche, so instead I borrowed Blissfully Delicious’ image of their crustless quiche. Mine looked just like theirs, except with mushrooms (they used onions). It was most delicious and extremely juicy. I loved this recipe because it was healthy (though I guess I could have reduced the amount of cheese!), filling, and I always love a recipe with a good amount of veggies. You can definitely add other kinds of veggies – green peppers, red bell peppers, onion, and zucchini would be scrumptious. You could even add some ham or sausage if you’d like a meatier version.
A little olive/vegetable oil
1 (6 oz) package fresh baby spinach
1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (I used a 3-blend from Trader Joe’s)
1 (10 oz package) mini-bella mushrooms, chopped
1/4 cup 2% milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp thyme
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Generously spray each muffin tin with oil spray.
- Heat a little oil in a large skillet. Saute the mushrooms until they are slightly soft, then add in spinach and 1/4 cup of water. Continue to sautee until the spinach has properly wilted.
- Some recipes would say that you should drain the liquid/water from the mushrooms and spinach. I didn’t and it turned out fabulously juicy and yummy. I think this is more of a personal preference thing – it just depends on if you’d like yours to be on the juicier or drier side.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs until combined. Add salt, thyme, milk, and cheese. Mix well and make sure you don’t have clumps of cheese.
- Add the cooked mushrooms, and spinach to the eggs. Mix well.
- Divide evenly among the 12 muffin cups. I liked the fill them to the (almost) brim, since they’ll shrink a little post-baking.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until it’s well set and a tester/toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Leave in the pan for a few minutes or just until it’s cool enough to handle. Scrape the sides just in case (mine stuck just a little).
- They are best eaten about 10 minutes after they come out of the oven. Enjoy!